During a Thanksgiving special, the Pretty Little Liars cast sat down with creator I. Marlene King (who has one of the best imaginations that we’ve come to know and love) to discuss their characters and what took place during the five-year jump before its season 6B return on January 12th 2016.
Pretty Little Liars left off where Big A is Charles DiLaurentis, who later transitioned to become Charlotte DiLaurentis, whom we’ve known for years as CeCe Drake. Sara Harvy is Red Coat and Black Widow.
Now after the “Big A” reveal, the girls and guys have been dealing with five years of life, so lets see where they’ve been and what they’ve been up to…
- Spencer went to Georgetown and focused on her academia. She is now working on Capital Hill.
- Toby and Spencer fell apart because Toby stayed in Rosewood.
- Toby is still on the police force, and comes into money from the house that Big A blew up. He buys 3 acres of land to build his dream home. While on the police force he by accident walks into a robbery and saves a girl by the name of Yvonne Phillips who soon becomes a very important person in Toby’s life.
- Toby and Caleb have the best bromance and go fishing all the time.
- Hanna and Caleb moved to a small apartment in NYC. Caleb didn’t go to college and joined the tech world. Hanna went to FIT and became an intern for Zac Posen. She went on a trip to Europe where she met Claudia Gretko and becomes her assistant. Also while in Europe, Hanna met her fiancé, aka not Caleb.
- Aria went to Georgia where she started her major in photography, but then transfers to writing and realizes that’s what she wants to pursue. She moves to Boston where she gets a job at a publishing house, and is in a new relationship with some guy named Liam. At the publishing house Aria’s career takes a turn now that she’s working for Ezra.
- Ezra has the most baggage and turns to a sea of alcohol.
- According to I. Marlene King while the three girls create secrets when we get back, Emily brings back the biggest one. Emily’s father has died and coming back is bitter-sweet when she has to see her mom. Emily had moved to the west coast, ditched school, and started bartending.
- One big question: Paige also had moved to the west coast. Does that mean Emily and Paige are getting back together?
- Alison is connecting with Charlotte, but more importantly Alison’s connecting with Charlotte’s doctor, Dr. Rollins (played by Huw Collins). Someone she must keep on the down low, because it doesn’t look good for her.
- Mona is about to celebrate her 21st.
- The new baddie will be known as “Big Bad,” who torments the girls darker and meaner than “Big A” or “A” put together.
But the most important question we’ve all been asking is: who killed Mrs. Dilaurentis (Mrs. D)?
Can’t wait for the new season? Let’s start chatting about theories in the comments section below.
Just in case you missed these PLL interviews, here they are again: